The battle of Montecassino
War routes along the Gustav line
Tour 3 days – 2 nights
The quiet, decent life of the small city was tragically interrupted in 1944 by the Anglo-American bombing assaults which turned Cassino and its ancient abbey to rubble.
For 8 months troops from all over the world on their way to Rome unsuccessfully faced the German resistance at the cost of heavy casualties.
For this reason the city gained the epithet, “the martyr city of peace”. We will take a trip through contemporary history following the Great Route of Memory, focusing on some episodes of the bloodiest battle of the Second World War along the Gustav line.
• San Pietro Infine and its History Memorial Park
• Cassino and the Historiale, the interactive museum by the multinational company “Officina Rambaldi”
• Montecassino Abbey, which re-flourished “where and like it once was” after the 1944 bombings
• The War Cemeteries
• Aquino, St. Thomas’ birthplace
• Arce and the War House Museum
• The “Piana delle Orme War Museum”
Included in the price:
● Accommodation in double room with half board ( breakfast buffet and 1 meal);
● The meal includes a first course, second course, side dishes and dessert;
● One free person every 20 people
● Extra charge for a single room: € 15,00
Bus, extra meals, entrance fees, additional expenses, tips and anything not mentioned under the entry “included”.