Anagni the city of popes
Mystery and intrigue surrounding the noble papal residence
Tour 4 days – 3 nights
From places of political power to oases of spirituality, this itinerary is devoted to discovering the duties, delights and political intrigues of the Popes and Emperors who lived in Ciociaria during the Middle Ages.
Through the account of Federico II, Bonifacio VIII, and the Templars and their crusades, you will visit famous artistic sites such as Anagni, Ferentino, Alatri, Veroli, the castle of Fumone, and the village of Boville Ernica, where the only Giotto mosaic is safeguarded, and havens of peace such as the Carthusian Monastery of Trisulti and the Casamari Abbey.
All of this to be found in the land of “Ciocie” (traditional ciociarian footwear) to believe it, come and see for yourself.
• Anagni, the City of Popes
• Ferentino, Historical Clock
• Alatri, town of the Cyclops which originated from a ray of sunshine
• Veroli, tunnels of the Roman Forum and “Veroli Festival: Fasti Verulani” (Street Artist Festival)
• The Castle of Fumone, the prison of St. Celestine V., the pope of the “great refusal”
• Boville Ernica and Giotto’s mosaic
• The Certosa of Trisulti, in the herbalists’ natural paradise
• The Casamari Abbey, where in the Middle Ages abbots and monks welcomed Saints and Emperors.
Included in the price:
● Accommodation in double room with half board ( breakfast buffet and 1 meal);
● The meal includes a first course, second course, side dishes and dessert;
● One free person every 20 people
● Extra charge for a single room: € 15,00
Bus, extra meals, entrance fees, additional expenses, tips and anything not mentioned under the entry “included”.