A DAY AS CICERO
Myth, Legend, History, and the Tastes of “Latium Novum”
Tour 3 days – 2 nights
Ciociaria is Cicero’s native land! We will visit the places so highly celebrated in his works, where he spent his idle hours away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, Rome.
An unforgettable tour threading the same path as Arpino’s orator, starting from his birthplace in the natural oasis of Posta Fibreno. Also included is an exclusive visit to the prestigious secondary school focusing on humanities, “Tulliano”, where the famous “Certamen Ciceronianum Arpinas” is held yearly, an international Latin competition for students in their last year of secondary High School from all over the world.
To rediscover the food and costumes of ancient Roman Arpinum you will experience the Convivium Ciceronianum (a banquet) with a menu based on the recipes of Apicius, the famous gourmet of first century Rome.
• Arpino, Cicero and Gaius Marius’ birthplace
• Sora and Cicero’s native villa
• Posta Fibreno Lake and its natural floating island
• Atina and the Samnite warrior
• Cassino and the “ancient Casinum” archaeological site
• The Abbey of Montecassino and the monastic scriptoria
Included in the price:
● Accommodation in double room with half board ( breakfast buffet and 1 meal);
● The meal includes a first course, second course, side dishes and dessert;
● One free person every 20 people
● Extra charge for a single room: € 15,00
Bus, extra meals, entrance fees, additional expenses, tips and anything not mentioned under the entry “included”.